Whoohoo! You are nearing the next phase of the completing the requirements to becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor. Your supervision internship experience is the last step to obtaining your professional license. It’s the beginning of your professional counseling career. It will be a life changing experience.
My supervision approach
I am a Board Approved Supervisor for LPC Interns. I am super excited to offer clinical supervision to counselors in their internship (LPC-I) status. My approach is to help empower professionals to become amazing counselors. Counselors who can help transform lives and the communities around them. As a supervisor I provide a positive environment. It’s a safe place to come and learn. Learn about all the shades of counseling and so much more.
I am eclectic by design. My focus is more of a Solution Focused, CBT and Person Centered approach. I take on many roles in supporting LPC-I interns. Helping counselors launch their professional counseling career with confidence, excitement and life-long skills is what I do. I have been formally trained by the best and continue to stay current on trends in supervision, mental health, professionalism and wellness. You will find that I am sometimes a teacher and consultant. I sprinkle in the roles of evaluator along with being a supporter, cheerleader and so much more!
I provide individual supervision and group supervision (as schedules of interns permits). My experiences, in life, the counseling profession, and prior management roles, equips me to provide a hearty and overflowing supervisory experience.
What you can expect from me
- Encouragement, strength building
- Constructive feedback
- Evaluation formal/informal
- Skills development
- Individualized training and development
- Personal reflection and introspection
- Communication skills
- Private practice building
- Ethical decision making
- Weekly individual or group supervision
- Intrapersonal skills development
- Diversity skills
- Safe environment for reflection and learning
- Crisis consultation
- Support, support and more support.
State of Texas Requirements:
- Masters or PhD in counseling or psychology and completed all coursework and practicum as required by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors.
- Passed national counseling exam.
- Satisfactory completion of the NCE and jurisprudence exam.
- An application for LPC Licensure, documentation of practicum, and Supervisory Agreement Form sent to the Texas State Board of Examiners.
- I am a approved Supervisor by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors to supervise LPC Interns. Interns who are working to obtain their required internship hours. Supervision is based on the Board’s established guidelines which are designed to assist interns in becoming highly competent and ethical practitioners. If you believe that you could be a compatible team member, please contact me @361.355.5558 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an in-person meeting to discuss your goals.
Starting supervision is easy
Call (361) 355.5558 Ext. 701 or email (me) Angel if you have any questions. Set up an appointment.
Bring to the first meeting
- Proof of passed national counseling exam
- 3 written letters of professional references (examples: your practicum supervisor, most recent supervisor and current LPC supervisor, if applicable)
- Release of information to consult with your previous supervisor, if applicable
- A site to provide counseling services
- Professional liability insurance for a minimum of 1 million/3 million coverage
- Download all the necessary forms for LPC-Intern process from the LPC website and bring them to the 1st meeting.
If you are interested in the supervision experience and have any questions, feel free to contact me at 361.355.5558 ext. 701 or email me at email@example.com.