Marriage and couples counseling can be very beneficial to improving your relationship. Having a healthy relationship is very important. If we want things to improve then we must work at it.
It takes a daily effort to create a supportive healthy relationship. Improve the quality of your relationship by discovering the skills that will help you. Develop the skills necessary to help you have the type of relationship you truly desire.
When two individuals come together they bring their own life experiences, values, ideas and expectations into the relationship. Couple and marriage counseling with us here at Flourishing Hope Counseling can help to address the problems the relationship. Not only do you get the chance to talk and work through things you learn to successfully triumph over the problems.
Coming to couples and marriage counseling can be a great opportunity to address the difficulties that have been impeding on your happiness. Couples and marriage counseling is available to enhance and improve your relationship.
Learn skills to successfully navigate through trust issues, communication problems and much more. Learn how to work together and individually to create the type of marriage and relationship worth showing up for.
Many things can cause troubles in a marriage such as:
- Anger issues
- Differences in communication
- Emotional distress
- Extended family – family/in-laws
- Integration family issues
- Intimacy concerns
- Lack of connection/emotional intimacy
- Moving conflicts
- Parenting differences
- Preventative counseling
- Role conflict
- Sex difficulties
- Sexual dysfunction
- Substance use and or abuse
- Sexual preference differences
- Many other challenges unique to your situation.
Prep tips before the visit (it is helpful for each partner to do this):
- Think about what you want to get out of therapy as a couple and individually
- Write down a few concerns that have been bothering you and causing difficulty in the relationship
- Write down any key emotions or key points to share within the session
- Remember to be patience with yourself and your partner in beginning this new journey into counseling.
If things are changing due to a divorce or separation preventative care can also be used to help the family and couple handle the transition to a divorce or separated setting.
If you and your partner are willing to start making progress today contact us.
Flourishing Hope Counseling PLLC a Kingsville, TX private counseling practice.